2020 Remembrance Day Service
Watch the Mossbank School Virtual Remembrance Day Service
The video can also be found on the Mossbank School Website.
Remembrance Day Service
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
This year, due to the restrictions on public gatherings, there will not be a traditional Remembrance Day Service at the Community Hall.
However, our community is planning to honour our veterans by having an abbreviated service outdoors at the Cenotaph across the street from J-MAS Agronomy/Studio 23 (previously the United Church).
Service Outline – Beginning at approximately 10:50 am
Act of Remembrance
- Playing of the Last Post (Gwen Kowalski)
- Period of Silence – Followed by the tolling of church bells
- Playing of Reveille (Gwen Kowalski)
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning.
We will remember them. (An excerpt from For the Fallen – Laurence Binyon)
- Government of Canada
- Government of Saskatchewan
- Municipal Governments – Town of Mossbank, RM’s 101, 102, and 103
Commitment to Remember
- They were young, as we are young, they served, giving freely of themselves. To them. we pledge, amid the winds of time, to carry their torch and never forget. We will remember them.
Playing of our National Anthem
The service will be streamed via Facebook Live if you wish to follow virtually. If you attend in person, please be aware that outdoor gatherings are restricted to a maximum of 150 people where there is enough space to maintain two metres between individuals who are not in the same household/extended household or remain in your car during the service.
There will be a receptacle to place personal poppies at the Cenotaph after the service.
Mossbank School is planning to hold a Remembrance Day Service but will be closed to the public. They will be videoing the service and we will share the link to the video on our website and Facebook pages.