Thank you so much for coming to the Mossbank 100th Anniversary Celebration held on July 31, August 1st and 2nd. The weekend was an outstanding success, with well over 1000 people attending. Many people traveled from a long way making Mossbank their destination of choice. Everyone I met had a big smile on their face and wished to express their gratitude for the fun they were having. All of us recognize what a great community was born hundred years ago and for many it is our home now and always will be.
A huge thank you to those who volunteered at all the venues and activities that went on. A special thank you goes to our organizing committee for all their dedication and hard work as they prepared over the past several months.
Our Major Sponsors
- Funding was received from the Saskatchewan Community Initiative Fund and the Canadian Heritage Fund.
- Southland Co-operative, Mossbank branch. (Thanks Rob Rutko for putting together the great fireworks show we saw Friday night and hosting CHAB on location broadcasting on Saturday.)
- Conexus Credit Union funded food at our cabarets, provide funds for the Library Scavenger Hunt Prizes and assisted at the registration tables.
- CHAB/Country 100 Radio partnered with us for great radio coverage.
- The Assiniboia Times put together print advertising, featuring our event in their paper.
Other Sponsors Include
- Parrish and Heimbecker, Limited (Moose Jaw), Pancake Mix for both breakfasts
- Mike Fedyk, History of Mossbank Presentation
- JUSTINSANE Barbie Car Club, 50 – 50 Draw Sponsors
- Dustin Pettypiece & John Sylvester, Floor Cleaning Equipment
- Bouvier Greenhouse (The Plant Ranch), Flower Arrangements
Local Community Groups:
The following groups provided volunteers to serve at various venues throughout the weekend
- Mossbank Volunteer Firefighters – for setting up and running the beer gardens, a huge job considering the heat! As well thanks for setting up the fireworks show and making sure that we were safe while watching it.
- Mossbank & District Museum
- Palliser Library – Mossbank Branch
- Mossbank School
- Mossbank Golf Club
- Cornerstone Gospel Church
- Mossbank United Church
- Friday Night Concession workers
- RM of Lake Johnston 102
- Saturday & Sunday Concession Workers
- Fred & Doreen Nagel Family
- Town of Mossbank providing coffee at all our functions
- AND Countless individuals who have helped with all the details. Thank you
A Personal Observation:
I wish to provide a person observation I experienced while driving back down Main Street after the parade on Saturday morning. A feeling of nostalgia came over me. It was the Looking Back part of our theme for the weekend. Just seeing all the people standing along the sidewalks, and going past places along main street that had businesses on them, brought back the thought of what it must have been like in the 40’s and 50’s when everyday life seemed to blend in with community and family, to become one.
But within just a few seconds the feeling changed to one of anticipation and hope for our town’s future. That was Going Forward part of our theme. The crowd was mixed with young and old, on several floats were the new generation of families, all ready to take their torch into tomorrow.
So it is with a very large measure of gratitude that, on behalf of the current residents of Mossbank and our surrounding farm community, we say thank you for making our 100th Anniversary Celebration a success.
In closing, all of us have been asked the question “Where are we from?”
Well, my personal response is: “Mossbank, a Great Place To Be”.
Please come back and see us soon!
Gregg Nagel, Mayor
Town of Mossbank